Downloading & Installing Windows OS was not so easy in the back time. But now, Microsoft made it really simple to update and download Windows 10 latest version. With the discontinuation of windows 7 service support, it’s really necessary to update your PC with the latest version of Windows.
Windows 7 has reached its end and has stopped getting bug fixes and updates from Microsoft. Only the organizations who have paid some hefty amount are getting updates for their systems. All other devices are prone to hackers and data theft on an obsolete OS.
This guide will help home & regular users to perform windows 10 free upgrade from Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8.1. If you already have windows 10 installed on your device then follow this guide on how to update windows 10 manually.
Note: This guide is to upgrade to Windows 10 Home. Windows 10 Pro version requires a valid license key or product key. And, if your PC’s previous Windows is activated then Windows 10 will be activated automatically.
If your previous windows is activated, then follow these steps and download the Windows 10 latest version for free:
- This link (opens in another tab) will take you to the official Microsoft site to download windows 10 upgrade tool.
- You can either click on the “Update Now” (To directly upgrade) or “Download Tool Now” (To create installation media) button.
- After clicking on the “Update now” button, the Windows 10 Update assistant will be downloaded. You can use it to upgrade the windows directly.
- (Skip this, if you performed step 3) On clicking “Download Tool Now“, the media creation tool will be downloaded. The tool will guide you to create installation media like USB, CD-ROM, Iso image. You can use them to install windows 10 on another pc in the future.
- Follow the steps prompted by these tools and you will download windows 10.
Your PC may take time from several minutes to a few hours to upgrade depending upon the performance and internet speed. Also, your PC might restart several times during the update process.
If you have Windows 7 32 bit installed then your pc will upgrade to Windows 10 32 bit. And, if you have Windows 7 64 bit installed then it will upgrade to the 64-bit version of Windows 10.
At present Microsoft is offering free upgrade for windows 7 users. So it’s the best time to save few bucks and upgrade your pc/laptop to the latest version. Windows 10 offers plenty of new features and is a combination of windows 7 & windows 8 (start menu) looks.
In windows 10, most of the important drivers like Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, etc. are preinstalled which was the major flaw in Windows 7. Also, one can pause automatic updates in windows 10 version 2004.
Have you upgraded to windows 10? Let us know your experience in the comment box.
We have a lot of informational how to guides here at A Perfect Review.